AIPS service throttling internet speeds

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 4 years ago.

• Author

awkwardsensations
    Participant

I’ve been using netcut for a while and I never remember this happening; however, in this version I’ve noticed that whenever netcut is running, my download speeds are significantly reduced from around 120mbps to 5-15mbps. This only occurs when the AIPS process is running which means i can turn it off and recover my speeds but this is frustrating as old netcut used to work fine in the background.

Note: even if I’m not cutting anyone off this is still a problem!

Any help appreciated 😀

admin
    Keymaster

are you use the latest version? aips start netcut_windows and it do a scan. this happen when you first time turn on PC and connected to WIFI. it has been this design for long time. can you check if you can cold boot your router ?

I think it is todo some router over heat and can’t take too much scan. ie: you make netcut do a couple of scan in short of time.

awkwardsensations
    Participant

Yes its the latest version but i don’t think it is to do with the router as i have conducted speed tests on other devices at the same time and I am getting the correct speeds. I’ve also tried to disable my firewall but it still giving me the same speeds just on my laptop (other devices are fine).

Also, I tried cold booting my router and I’m still getting the same.

Any ideas?

admin
    Keymaster

do you have speed control on some device ?

awkwardsensations
    Participant

I don’t

admin
    Keymaster

when you run netcut_windows.exe under admin shell, (with aips disabled). do you experience the same?

awkwardsensations
    Participant

No, my speed is fine when i run without aips.

admin
    Keymaster

interesting. will take a look . thank you

awkwardsensations
    Participant

Thank you! Sorry for the trouble.

admin
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce this . did over 20 times test run. 2-3 time it showed lower speed, however those due to other device also spiked on network usage. when network calm test with AIPS running, good result , test PC can run full bandwidth speed at the ISP provided .

Can you try do a few more test during normal run? also, if you are not using latest version, aips may keep restart netcut_windows.exe. make sure you have fresh latest version and see if it helps.

awkwardsensations
    Participant

I have purchased a new router and everything seems to be working fine! It must be some sort of firewall or protection slowing down my speeds.

Thank you for the help!

admin
    Keymaster

great!

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows