Cant slow down speed, only cut off

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Numezz
    Participant

Im on windows 10. I cant root my phone.

When will new update come to enable slow down speed of other devices, not just cut them off completely?

admin
    Keymaster

hello, 3.60 has released. try see if it helps please

Numezz
    Participant

When I try to limit connection it still cuts it off completely, but when I cut it off it does nothing (I can still access with full speed). Its kind of a same situation just a little more confusing because now to cut it off I have to limit it, because cut off (completely red wifi icon) does nothing.

I have Ubee router if it helps anything.

admin
    Keymaster

hello Numezz,

What is your windows version? also, are you one mutiple hub that bridge together?

When you try netcut speed control, it should be within same physical network, ie: connected to same AP router. even you can see those client appear in netcut, sometime , they are bridged from other AP router. I hope this make sense?

Numezz
    Participant

Im on windows 10. I dont know what you mean by multiple hub. We are all connected to internet through same router. Same Wifi name and password.

admin
    Keymaster

hmm, do you know how many physical router exist in your area that you all connect to ? one ? or many ?

you can only speed control to the device that connected to same one router .

Numezz
    Participant

We have 1 physical router in our house that we use as a family to access internet. We have 4 phones, 1 PC and 1 laptop connected to that same router in the same house.

What Im trying to do is control speed of other devices (phones and laptop) through my PC and we are all connected to the same physical router that is in our house. We all have same Wifi name and password.

admin
    Keymaster

thank you. got it. 🙂 can I have the model of your router or if you can login into router, can you give me screenshot of the admin pages? [email protected]

Numezz
    Participant

Vendor Ubee Interactive Corp.
    Model EVW32C-0N
    Hardware Version 3.34.1
    Firmware Version 2.4.1009-SIP
    Boot Version 1.0.03

Numezz
    Participant

I sent you a 2 min video of my router settings.

admin
    Keymaster

great thanks. I like background music in video as well 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

please login into netcut as NKHET

Numezz
      Participant

login as NKHET? What do you mean?

admin
    Keymaster

sorry , this message was mean to post at other post.

admin
    Keymaster

hello,

As promised , please try this one see if speed control works under your router,

make sure the PC run netcut connect use same Wireless AP as the one you want to control

http://www.arcai.com/download/netcut_test.exe

thanks

admin
    Keymaster

Any exe file download from internet without knowing the publisher would be risky .

In this case, it is from arcai.com, I tested download, it also shows this pop up, and I know for sure that it is our product. so it is under our name. no worries.

just curious , when you download netcut.exe , does it not pop up ?

Numezz
    Participant

It does not pop up during download, only when I start the netcut_test but they said from AVG its fine.

Okay so control still does not work. My download is around 30-40mbps and upload is around 9mbps. When I set to 75% it goes below 1mbps upload and download.

My PC is connected to the router through WiFi adapter (or whatever it is called) TP Link. Maybe that is the problem? I am on the same network as other devices 2.4G though. Would I be able to cut other devices off if I was not? Cut off works well but controlling speed is still an issue. Its almost a complete cut off at 75%.

Numezz
    Participant

Hey I forgot to restart my computer after installing 3.61. But when I restarted I cant start netcut it says I have 3.61 version but I need 3.59…

admin
    Keymaster

when you set to 75% , it should be around 10-20MB as per setting, but it also depends on two facts

1. the total connected client capability of your router. (you can boost it up by cold shutdown (unplug the power line to your router) , wait for 2,3 minutes, then put the power line back on.

2. the PC CPU power, make sure your own PC is not taking too much CPU when you speed limit other, the CPU short would result the slow speed control.

one question: when you on the PC, do you still have 30 mbps download ?

you can test speed this way:

Go to Google.com.
    Search for internet speed test.
    Tap or click Run Speed Test.

admin
    Keymaster

on lab, when my phone was free connect , testing got around 30MB. when speed control at 75%, my phone shows around 15MB.

75%= 15MB
    50% = 10MB
    25% = 1 MB

admin
    Keymaster

my netcut running on a PC where Intel i7 77xx.

admin
    Keymaster

above test was done when my AP router freshly cold reboot.

Numezz
    Participant

yes my PC works fine although I have Ryzen 3 2200g which is not as good as i7. I did not knew it is CPU intesive to limit others.

I can play video games online when I block others. Only problem is limiting speed of others and not blocking them completely off.

My PC is automatically in trusted area when I use netcut.

admin
    Keymaster

it is not really depending on CPU. but more to the traffic capability of the AP router. are you be able to test it on a cold reboot router or some other place?

admin
    Keymaster

hmm, I just notice you were using old version, new version should work much faster. are you testing the new version ? http://www.arcai.com/download/netcut_test.exe

with 3.6.1 , you access it from here , as it is special test page.

http://www.arcai.com/netCut/s2/index.html

Numezz
    Participant

Oh I need access with special URL. That was confusing, I was not able to test anything after rebooting my PC because it said I need 3.59 and I have 3.61.

Okay I tested again with new 3.61 and my PC is not affected, my speed is normal while trying to control my phone with 75% control speed gets me under 1mbps. Without controlling its 20-30mbps and on PC its around 40mbps download. Upload is 9-10mbps on both devices. Idk why but my download speeds are always little higher on my computer.

I dont think I can control speed on my PC to test it out. It is in the trusted are and when drag it to strangers category, it still does not allow me to limit it or cut it off.

I do have few connections under strangers that Im not sure about. Im not sure about who they are and how they pop up. My TV now has access to youtube through chromecast, maybe that shows up as some connection? Still there is 1-2 more that I cant explain. I have 2 connections with almost exactly the same MAC address except the last character is different. I have 2 trusted connections. My PC and something unknown. I just checked, that unknown connection under trusted category also have almost same MAC address as 2 connections in strangers category but again the last character is different.

admin
    Keymaster

thanks Numezz,
    so with new version , you be able to limit your phone at
    download 1MB, upload 10MB ? can your phone still do youtube / visit pages those normal internet when under control? if yes, then your are good to speed control in your network,that you can limit these device bandwidth without affect their business.

For the trust zone. your own PC and gateway by default appear there. for other device at unknown zone , if they have very alike MAC addess as your gateway, then those might be other AP repeater.

Numezz
      Participant

My english is bad. Thats not what I meant. My upload and download goes below 1mbps (megabits per second) when I apply any type of control to a connection (my phone for example). With less than 1mbps I cant do almost nothing online. It is very slow. This is also true with 3.61.

admin
    Keymaster

my other test PC was build 2009, 11 years old. AMD 4 Core 85xx. it can limit speed of my phone up to 10MB bps.

My wifi router testing was a 30$ cheap tp-link one.

Only thing I can think of now, is, how far away is your PC to the wifi router ? can you try a closer position and can you try to do a Cold power down , wait for 3 mintues cool down, power up your wifi router?

thanks

admin
    Keymaster

3.0.67 released. it should be better on speed control now, do you want to try and let me know? you can just download it from arcai.com if you need it.

http://www.arcai.com/download/netcut.exe

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows