Netcut Killing my TP-Link router

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Truepeace 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Truepeace
    Participant

First I created a cmd command to start and stop the Netcut service because there is no turn off button for netcut as far as I know.
    So when I turn it on, it works perfectly for like 30 minutes or 1 hour then the internet becomes unavailable on all devices even on my own PC where Netcut is installed.
    If I try entering the Netcut webpage, it doesn’t open.
    Even if I disable Netcut with my service turn off cmd command, the internet doesn’t work which is very weird.
    So I need to reboot my router so that it works again.
    I have a 2-years old tp link td-w8961n. I tried factory resetting it, and disabling the firewall, it didn’t help.
    It is worth noting that I have 2 range extenders connected to it since my house is large enough and I have every device disabled in Netcut except my own PC.
    What is happening between Netcut and my router? Why is it working normally then it stops after some time and requires a router reboot?
    Thanks.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  Truepeace.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  Truepeace.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

Did this happen during you CUT off ? or normal time?

there are case when cut off too many some router can’t hold that long.

new version will handle more smart way to cut off.

Truepeace
    Participant

Hi,
    This happens only when Netcut is ON.
    You mean this can happen if I cut off too much time or if I cut off too many devices?
    Any ETA for this new version?
    Thanks for your support admin!

admin
    Keymaster

Hello Truepeace,

We are still working on Android update. will work on windows after. meanwhile, can you try to disable Defender see if it helps?

thanks

Truepeace
      Participant

Hi,
      Disabling Defender doesn’t help, internet stops working on all devices after a while (like after an hour) and I have to reboot my router so it works.
      Will you be releasing a Windows update anytime soon?
      Thanks.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello Truepeace,

sorry, still on android.
    I assume netcut windows sending packet beyond the capacity of the router , and some router not be able to release the work queue when this happen. when we work on windows update , we will try this path to fix.

Meanwhile, do you have a rooted android phone? android version before 1.6.5 should having same issue in your network. if you could use 1.6.5 with root. see if your router can work well. then that would confirm the fix path.

Truepeace
    Participant

Okay thanks for the explanation.
    I don’t have a rooted Android, does it work with Bluestacks Android Emulator?

Truepeace
    Participant

I tried I got 2 weird IP addresses and mac addresses so I think it doesn’t work. I guess I’ll have to wait for the windows update…

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows