Netcut Speed control on slow internet

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sambutler 4 years ago.

• Author

Sambutler
    Participant

Hello! I love your software and really like how reliable the cut feature is but as for the speed control… I found many people who had the same problem as mine, I’ll list some details below:
    1. I have a slow internet connection 2Mbps (yeah that’s megabits, crazy!)
    which makes me think that the lowest speed limit set should be flexible based on your connection speed not a fixed value
    2. my router doesn’t support bandwidth limiting in its settings so I don’t know if that’s an issue but I believe there are many routers like that as well
    3. router is a d-link DSL-2740u

Sambutler
    Participant

I am connected via wifi
    all other devices are connected through wifi as well
    same ssid
    guest disabled
    also wanted to ask if the debugger helps with the speed control issue in particular since other features are working just fine!

admin
    Keymaster

netcut speed control does not depending on router model.

when you speed control a device, the device should POP up in the policing zone with it’s current speed and Data usage , as well as brust .

can you verify that ?

you also need to disable IPv6

Sambutler
    Participant

it does pop in the policing zone with it’s current speed and data usage but there are 2 questions here:
    The data usage makes me confused because my internet speed is only 2 megabits per second (equivalent to 240kilobytes per second) but it shows that one device for example uses 500 kbps so I’m wondering if that’s bits or bytes
    second question is that while it pops up in the policing zone with speed and data, it doesn’t actually get slower,it either cuts off completely or works just fine.
    do you think it has to do with my internet speed being so slow?
    also IPv6 disabled.
    thanks for your help in advance!! <3

admin
    Keymaster

1 . that is bits
    2. slide the speed control to 50% or 25% , you will see it drop speed.

3. you are right, because your total speed is too low so 75% does not really effect. 75% is mark as 50MBits/s .

Sambutler
    Participant

Oh thank you so much! is there any way I can change the values for each percentage or it’s a fixed value that can’t be changed? I think making it customizable is a really nice option.

admin
    Keymaster

Yup, we can add that feature. but does that matters to you? The speed is base on normal house hold speed of 75% 50% 25%, 50% is around 10MB, 25% is around 128KB.

Can you share your ISP information? like to check out.

Sambutler
    Participant

Ofcourse it would matter because it would make me able to configure the speed limit based on my internet (which is slow in this case and the minimum speed limit of 25% might still leave too much internet….I know this is 2020 and internet should be faster but my country doesn’t really help nor does my financial status and I just want to enjoy some normal things like other people without constantly remembering the fact that I live in a very bad country.
    as for my isp information what would you like to know? the speed is 2mega bits per second as I mentioned earlier, also thanks for following up and quickly replying on this

admin
    Keymaster

No worries. I feel that for you.

Sambutler
    Participant

So you think you can include that feature?

admin
    Keymaster

yes. it is doable. just think of way not confuse existing users at the UI.

Sambutler
    Participant

Okay thank you so so much you’re a lifesaver <3

admin
    Keymaster

please take a look of new version for precise speed control. let me know if it good to use for you?

Sambutler
    Participant

I’m speechless…you actually did this just the way I asked for it….You’re honestly a great person for doing this especially with compassion being the first motive, thank you so much really and I’ll make sure i’ll tell every single person I know about the software <3 you totally made my day by doing it so quickly..thanks again…have a great day! and I wish you the best of luck

admin
    Keymaster

thanks for the kind word. now, pleaes try to login into netCut pro with arcai login as SAMBUTLER.

Sambutler
    Participant

Woah it actually works! everything works perfectly! thanks so much !!!

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows