Phone with two MAC addresses

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Loocheena
    Participant

My Wi-Fi is not the best due to my zone, so it overloads stupidly quick and resetting the router only fixes it for a few minutes, using NetCut I could get rid of that problem by limiting the bandwidth on each device in my house. It was working perfectly until I noticed my mother’s phone suddenly had another MAC Address, limiting bandwidth on either of the addresses will just cut off the conection on her phone entirely, even if both of them are set to the same amount of available bandwidth, the only way for her connection not to cut off, is by giving both addresses unlimited bandwidth, which causes Wi-Fi to overload again. I was wondering if there were any fixes for this because lately it’s been impossible to even use Wi-Fi, it gets to the point where I’m not even able to look at the router settings, thanks in advance.

admin
    Keymaster

Two mac addresses with same IP number ? I suggest you do a reboot to your PC (that run netCut) when this happen.

Loocheena
    Participant

Yeah, that works but only temporarily, eventually the other MAC address appears again

admin
    Keymaster

can you make a screenshot and send to [email protected] ?

one device should not have two mac address

Loocheena
    Participant

Will do if it pops up, so far it’s only one

Loocheena
    Participant

It appeared again, sending email

Loocheena
    Participant

Now there’s two devices with two MAC Addresses, my head is going to explode

admin
    Keymaster

inside c:\program files(x86)\arcai.com

folder, there is file with 32 letter long tile name

eg: 22c3e34802d1befedcb089ebae0c6019

please remove that file and do a reboot PC, see if that helps?

it’s the cache file of history devices. remove that will force netCut rescan all devices

Loocheena
    Participant

I accidentally sent a mail thinking this was a reply for my previous mails, whoops.
    I’ve done what you said and also disabled the 5GHz connection from my router, as I suspected it had something to do with it.
    So far it’s all looking good, though I’m not able to use my 2,4GHz connection anymore. As I said eventually the problem appears again, I’ll see if these things fix it.
    If anything happens I’ll write again.

Loocheena
    Participant

I meant I’m not able to use my 5GHz connection, sorry

Loocheena
    Participant

Nope, the 2nd address appeared again for my mother 🙁

admin
    Keymaster

how long does it takes between you delete the cache file , reboot, to the second mac address appear ?

Loocheena
    Participant

It takes around 2-3 hours for it to appear again

admin
    Keymaster

have you been use netCut before last week? does this happen before?

because we had a update since Augest 6th, introduce cache. like to know if this happen before.

admin
    Keymaster

maybe this will help

Galaxy S8 Double MAC Address Mystery from Smartphones

Try to use speed limit , not blocking 100% to her phone at first place. so it will not use another MAC address. (but first delete the cache file and reboot to reset the cache)

Loocheena
    Participant

I think the problem started happening around August 3rd-4th, don’t know exactly but it was definitely a few days before I made this post. And about the reddit post, I don’t cut off the connection neither with NetCut nor the router’s settings, every device here is set to a maximum bandwidth of 1 MB, previously I had it set to 3 MB but then the problems started happening so I set it to only 1, though that didn’t really fix anything. After every reset, once the 2nd MAC Address appears my mother tells me she cannot access the internet, and the only way to restore her connection is by giving both addresses unlimited bandwidth usage, which overloads the Wi-Fi, or restarting the PC, which is only a temporary fix.
    I couldn’t find any settings related to MAC Addresses in her phone, I was specifically searching for that “randomize MAC Address” feature, but nothing, not even bluetooth.
    I found another post from some random page in which the guy said his PC had 3 MAC Addresses that slowed down his connnection, cutting it off in any of the addresses just caused his PC to not be able to use internet at all, no fixes though.

admin
    Keymaster

So you were using netCut before Augest 3, for how long (few days, weeks)? and it has no problem?

Loocheena
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve been using it for a few months now with no problems

admin
    Keymaster

just an update so everyone on same page. new releasee 3.0.119 fixed this issue.

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows