Very small issues encountered, just seeking clarification

NetCut’s official site Forums Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below Very small issues encountered, just seeking clarification

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

tc88
    Participant

Thanks in advance admin for always replying to issues and feedback 🙂 I already subscribed to this great product 🙂

I have just a few questions / technical issues. Some info about my setup:

1 WiFi router broadcasting 2 SSIDs (2.4ghz). 1 regular SSID and 1 hidden SSID.

Earlier today I had users complaining of very slow internet, no YouTube, etc. So I reset the router. I also tried to disable the hidden SSID.

Netcut did not like this. I could not access the Netcut web GUI. I reboot my PC and re-enabled the 2nd hidden SSID. Now I can access Netcut again.

Users are still complaining of very slow net, possibly an issue with our telecom and not the local network.

However in the Netcut GUI, under Trusted Users, I see:
    Network Gateway (192.168.1.1)
    Attacker: Yes
    Protect: No

Network Gateway (192.168.1.1)
    Attacker: No
    Protect: No

Am wondering why Netcut is showing 2 gateways of the same IP – is because I am broadcasting 2 SSIDs?

———-
    Issue #2

This is not really an “issue”, but sometimes I need to COMPLETELY cut off a device before I can speed-control them or allow them to access the WiFi network.

For example if a new device joins the network, Netcut automatically adds them to “Policing” section and assigns them 1kb/s bandwidth (lol).

But even if I raise their limit (example 3mbps), it does not work until I cut them off to 0kb/s, then add them back.

tc88
    Participant

Update: I was able to solve the very slow internet / unable to connect issue for my users by opening CMD in admin rights and typing

net stop aips
    net start aips

reksai12
    Participant

bro does your netcut cuts off the device’s internet entirely? mine doesn’t

tc88
    Participant

It does but there are little things you have to do as workarounds.

First if the speed control / cut feature is not working, make sure AIPS service is actually started. Sometimes it doesn’t start when you reboot your PC, or reset your router, or something like that. Open a command prompt with admin privs and type:

net stop aips

net start aips

If you still can’t cutoff device, try removing them from Policing section of Netcut GUI, give them full unlimited bandwidth, then add them back to Policing section and cut them off.

Play around with all the settings and stuff using your own device like your personal Android phone.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  tc88.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  tc88.

reksai12
    Participant

Aight thanks man! Will do.

admin
    Keymaster

hello TC88,

1. if your PC connected to two SSID in a row. NetCut will see later one as attacker (as they both claim to be gateway). in this case, just need to restart netCut. admin shell

net stop aips
    net start aips

2. because you use netLock. it will set any unknown guest into zero. I am surprised it set to 1K. it should be 0. I need to check the code. moving the user back to guest and move it back will is a good trick. yes, it will enforce netcut to change device’s status.

tc88
    Participant

My PC connects directly to the router via ethernet.

But I figured out any changes I make to router (disabling/enabling SSID for example) require that I stop/start aips for Netcut to start working again 🙂 so all is good

admin
    Keymaster

yup. we try to make netCut smarter on that, seems it not smart enough yet.

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows