what happens if i leave the network?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  trempung 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

trempung
    Participant

Hello!

First of all, thanks a lot to the developers for this brilliant tool!

I wanted to ask what happens to the network if I leave it after setting speed controls to the users. How does the tool remember the speed control settings I set to users when the tool was downloaded on my windows laptop, and then I leave the network (like if i shut down my laptop or I leave home with my laptop)?

admin
    Keymaster

you are welcome. and thanks for recognizance netCut’s value.

For your question: first we need to know how netCut works. netCut need to continue act as router inside your network. so , as soon as your shutdown laptop or leave home, since netCut no longer act as router to those controlled speed device. those device will lost access to internet until the obtain actual rotuer’s publication message. this could vary between 10 seconds to 3 minutes.

So normally , everything will back to normal speed in less than 1 minute. in worse case, ie: the device been speed/limit did not learn update from actual rotuer . that device will need to reconnect WIFI router.

hope this make sense.

trempung
    Participant

ok, understood 🙂

so next question is, if my laptop acts as the router if I use netcut, does that mean the signal strength will be affected? my router has antennas so we have no problems connecting. Now if my laptop becomes the router, it doesn’t have antennas so it might decrease signal strength?

admin
    Keymaster

The wifi signal still provided by you wifi router.that is physical layer. netcut works at network layer.

trempung
    Participant

Thank you!

You are awesome 🙂

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows